Save the date! August 14th-23rd El Galeon will be coming to PCM. Climb aboard the beautiful ship and explore its unique and historical platform. For more information please contact us.
The City of Wilmington, North Carolina is known throughout the United States for historic attractions and beautiful scenery. Guided tours of the city offer a personalized experience that brings the century’s old history of Wilmington back to life. Below are some of the most well-known and unique guided tour experiences offered in our city.
Probably the most innovative tour in town, Cape Fear Segway Tours offer fun way to see Wilmington. Participants cruise around historic downtown and the riverfront on a Segway. One-hour or two-hour guided tours are offered of the historic district. Along the way, you’ll learn about Wilmington’s storied history, its stately mansions, and its film and television locations. Prices range from $35-$55.
The Wilmington is the first and finest state-of-the-art catamaran to serve Historic Downtown Wilmington, NC. The 46’ catamaran offers a variety of scheduled cruises and customizable private charters. Cruises and tours are offered mornings, afternoons and evenings throughout the year. Schedules and specific cruises vary by season. Choose between historic eco-tours, sunset cruises or narrated tours of the beautiful Cape Fear waterways. The Wilmington offers a full bar including beer, wine, and mixed drinks. Visit the website for varying ticket prices.
Ghost tours take participants through creepy tales of the city’s history. Nighttime visits to centuries old graveyards, along marinas and past historic homes thought by some to house the spirits of ghosts will have you entertained. Hear tales past and present, including the most recent encounters with these spirits. Tickets are $13 for adults and $11 for students, seniors and military.
Experience the history and flavors of Pleasure Island with Tasting History Tours, a walking tour through Carolina Beach. Tasting History invites you to see historical landmarks, hear the island’s history and taste the flavors that local restaurants have to offer. They stop at 5-6 restaurants for tastings and the tour is about 2 1/2 hours. Tickets are $32.
Drink a pint in old Wilmington’s most actively haunted pubs. This tours last two and a half hours and is open only to adults age 21 and older. The ghost hunting tours take participants through several haunted pubs while telling eerie stories of thievery and murder. Tickets are $17.50
See historic downtown Wilmington the old-fashioned way – by horse-drawn carriage or trolley. Your costumed driver narrates your unique tour along the riverfront and past stately mansions of historic Wilmington with rescued horses. The tour company utilizes horses which have been rescued from abusive or neglectful homes to transport you around the historic city. Tickets are $12 for adults and $5 for children.
Cape Fear Blues Festival
Wilmington’s annual celebration of blues music, The Cape Fear Blues Festival, is an event featuring local, regional and national performers. The three-day all-blues celebration includes live concerts, a blues workshop, an all-day blues jam, and the ever popular ‘Blues Cruise’ aboard the Henrietta III riverboat.
When: This year’s festival will be July 26th-28th
Where: Wilmington’s premier blues music venues, the Rusty Nail Saloon (1310 S. 5th Street) and Ziggy’s by the Sea (208 Market St.), will host the Festival. Other various events are held in different locations throughout Wilmington; mostly located in the historic downtown area. See the schedule below for specific locations.
Friday, July 26
- Cape Fear Blues Cruise on Henrietta III featuring Russ Wilson & His Mighty Mighty Men, The Rusted Rails, & Mojo Collins on board at 7:30; plus Randy McQuay II on the dock prior to boarding at 5:30. Cruise features 3 bands, 3 decks and 3 cash bars, with heavy appetizers catered by Angie’s. Tickets are $53 per person and can be purchased now at www.capefearblues.org
- Post Cruise Blues Party at The Rusty Nail with Cape Fear Blues Challenge champions Fat Bastard Blues Band. Cover charge applies. Begins around 9 p.m.
Saturday, July 27
- Blues Workshop at Finkelstein Music with local Blues musicians Jake Horton & Vince Stout. They will demonstrate their techniques, talk about their influences and play some blues. Free to public. Info at 910-762-5662. 11 a.m.
- Blues Showcase at The Rusty Nail. Outdoor event featuring local and regional players. 4 p.m.
- Saturday Night Blues Party at Ziggy’s with James Armstrong and special guest Mojo Collin. 9 p.m. Advance tickets available now at Ziggy’s by the Sea.
- Live Blues at 9 p.m. at The Rusty Nail featuring Brett Johnson’s Blues Revue. Cover charge applies.
Sunday, July 28
- Free All-Day Blues Jam under the tent at The Rusty Nail hosted by the Cape Fear Blues Society. Beverages and food will be available for sale all day. Free to public.
For more details about the Cape Fear Blues Festival, including tickets, times and locations, visit the festival website at www.capefearblues.org or call 910-350-8822.