Cape Fear Blues Festival
Wilmington’s annual celebration of blues music, The Cape Fear Blues Festival, is an event featuring local, regional and national performers. The three-day all-blues celebration includes live concerts, a blues workshop, an all-day blues jam, and the ever popular ‘Blues Cruise’ aboard the Henrietta III riverboat.
When: This year’s festival will be July 26th-28th
Where: Wilmington’s premier blues music venues, the Rusty Nail Saloon (1310 S. 5th Street) and Ziggy’s by the Sea (208 Market St.), will host the Festival. Other various events are held in different locations throughout Wilmington; mostly located in the historic downtown area. See the schedule below for specific locations.
Friday, July 26
- Cape Fear Blues Cruise on Henrietta III featuring Russ Wilson & His Mighty Mighty Men, The Rusted Rails, & Mojo Collins on board at 7:30; plus Randy McQuay II on the dock prior to boarding at 5:30. Cruise features 3 bands, 3 decks and 3 cash bars, with heavy appetizers catered by Angie’s. Tickets are $53 per person and can be purchased now at www.capefearblues.org
- Post Cruise Blues Party at The Rusty Nail with Cape Fear Blues Challenge champions Fat Bastard Blues Band. Cover charge applies. Begins around 9 p.m.
Saturday, July 27
- Blues Workshop at Finkelstein Music with local Blues musicians Jake Horton & Vince Stout. They will demonstrate their techniques, talk about their influences and play some blues. Free to public. Info at 910-762-5662. 11 a.m.
- Blues Showcase at The Rusty Nail. Outdoor event featuring local and regional players. 4 p.m.
- Saturday Night Blues Party at Ziggy’s with James Armstrong and special guest Mojo Collin. 9 p.m. Advance tickets available now at Ziggy’s by the Sea.
- Live Blues at 9 p.m. at The Rusty Nail featuring Brett Johnson’s Blues Revue. Cover charge applies.
Sunday, July 28
- Free All-Day Blues Jam under the tent at The Rusty Nail hosted by the Cape Fear Blues Society. Beverages and food will be available for sale all day. Free to public.
For more details about the Cape Fear Blues Festival, including tickets, times and locations, visit the festival website at www.capefearblues.org or call 910-350-8822.