Construction Crews are hard at work on the Riverwalk Extension lining the Port City Marina. They have nearly finished laying the utilities, and are working on installing the railing systems. They are also grading the Riverwalk areas in preparation for pouring concrete.
Cape Fear Blues Festival
Wilmington’s annual celebration of blues music, The Cape Fear Blues Festival, is an event featuring local, regional and national performers. The three-day all-blues celebration includes live concerts, a blues workshop, an all-day blues jam, and the ever popular ‘Blues Cruise’ aboard the Henrietta III riverboat.
When: This year’s festival will be July 26th-28th
Where: Wilmington’s premier blues music venues, the Rusty Nail Saloon (1310 S. 5th Street) and Ziggy’s by the Sea (208 Market St.), will host the Festival. Other various events are held in different locations throughout Wilmington; mostly located in the historic downtown area. See the schedule below for specific locations.
Friday, July 26
- Cape Fear Blues Cruise on Henrietta III featuring Russ Wilson & His Mighty Mighty Men, The Rusted Rails, & Mojo Collins on board at 7:30; plus Randy McQuay II on the dock prior to boarding at 5:30. Cruise features 3 bands, 3 decks and 3 cash bars, with heavy appetizers catered by Angie’s. Tickets are $53 per person and can be purchased now at www.capefearblues.org
- Post Cruise Blues Party at The Rusty Nail with Cape Fear Blues Challenge champions Fat Bastard Blues Band. Cover charge applies. Begins around 9 p.m.
Saturday, July 27
- Blues Workshop at Finkelstein Music with local Blues musicians Jake Horton & Vince Stout. They will demonstrate their techniques, talk about their influences and play some blues. Free to public. Info at 910-762-5662. 11 a.m.
- Blues Showcase at The Rusty Nail. Outdoor event featuring local and regional players. 4 p.m.
- Saturday Night Blues Party at Ziggy’s with James Armstrong and special guest Mojo Collin. 9 p.m. Advance tickets available now at Ziggy’s by the Sea.
- Live Blues at 9 p.m. at The Rusty Nail featuring Brett Johnson’s Blues Revue. Cover charge applies.
Sunday, July 28
- Free All-Day Blues Jam under the tent at The Rusty Nail hosted by the Cape Fear Blues Society. Beverages and food will be available for sale all day. Free to public.
For more details about the Cape Fear Blues Festival, including tickets, times and locations, visit the festival website at www.capefearblues.org or call 910-350-8822.
Port City Marina and Historic Wilmington was featured in a recent article by Marinalife. You can read the full article on the Marinalife website. Thank you to Barbara, Angelica and the rest of the Marinalife team!
The Port City Marina construction crew is making great progress. They have completed the bulkhead, marina basin dredging, and are currently building the concrete cap that lines the entire marina bulkhead. Next, they will start on constructing the Riverwalk Extension through the Northern Riverfront property.
A new story from the Greater Wilmington Business Journal focuses on the progress of the Port City Marina & Northern Riverfront Development Projects. The article discusses the extension of the Downtown Wilmington Riverwalk, including the art and nature walk components as well as the BlackFinn and Vida restaurants. You can read the full article on the Greater Wilmington Business Journal website or by clicking here.
Thank you to Jamaal O’Neal and the GWBJ for featuring our story.
Port City Marina Representatives attended the Wilmington Biz Conference & Expo today at the Wilmington Convention Center. Thank you to the Greater Wilmington Business Journal for putting on the event and thanks to Morvil Advertising & Design Group, IndustryPigeon, and Tayloe Gray Kristof for the wonderful marketing presentations.
Port City Marina representative Larry Rizzo will be attending the Miami International Boat Show this week. The show features more than 3,000 boats and 2,000 exhibitors from around the globe.
Are you or your business be attending the show? If so, let us know by emailing Larry at email@example.com or give us a call at 910-251-6151.
Port City Marina Representatives Larry Rizzo and Matt Rogers are attending the 21st Annual Raleigh Convention Center Boat Show. This is the largest boat show of its kind in North Carolina with over 150,000 square feet of boat displays and exhibitors from the insurance, finance, and boat brokerage arenas.
You can find out more on the Raleigh Boat Show by visiting their website. Send us an email if you are exhibiting or visiting the show and our representatives will stop by and say hello. For those of you attending the show, here is a coupon for a $2 discount:
Port City Marina is proud to be featured in All at Sea Magazine (February Issue). The article discusses the Wilmington area, marina construction progress, marina amenities, and more. Continue reading
Representatives from Port City Marina recently attended the 8th Annual Captain’s Briefing organized by the US Superyacht Association in St. Maarten. The annual event serves as an educational outreach program to work with Superyacht Captain’s and Senior Crew Members licensing, regulations, and promoting the US as a destination for cruising, refit, and repair.
This year’s briefing included an expanded two-day format covering a variety of topics with a special security program hosted by the Maritime Security Council. Over 60 Captain’s, Senior Crew members, industry professionals, and sponsors attended the seminar and evening cocktail receptions. Continue reading